* I finished. I wasn't too worried about that as I'd done the distance (6.6 miles) several times before the race.
* I finished within my time goal. That part I wasn't sure about so I was pleased.
* I finished in slightly less than half the time it took me to walk a half marathon a number of years ago. I would have been disappointed if I'd been slower but would have accepted it because I'm older and a few pounds heavier now than I was then. So, happy to have beat that pace time. (average minutes per mile = pace time)
* My leg muscles were very sore. I did not train on hills nearly enough for this course!
* My heel hurt worse than I exected. I could barely walk later. I've already made an appointment with my podiatrist to have my orthotic inserts refurbished to see if that helps. Plus I'm starting back up with the execises and stretches in the Egoscue Pain-Free book.
* The photos my sweetie took of me coming in to the finish line were a depressing reminder that I have got to get back on track and lose this unsightly FAT!
* I must have picked up a bug at the race - there were 2,000 people there - because I'm sick now. I don't run a fever often as I'm very careful about exposure but being around all those people while also really stressing my body apparently wasn't good for me.